(All papers are for individual or academic use only.)
- "Do Banking System Transparency and Competition Affect Nonperforming Loans in the Chinese Banking Sector?" with Usman Bashir, Yugang Yu, Muntazir Hussain, and Ahmed Ali, 2017, Applied Economics Letters, 24 (21): 1519-1525.
- "Benefits of Foreign Ownership: Evidence from Foreign Direct Investment in China," with Jian Wang, 2015, Journal of International Economics 97 (2): 225-238. (2016 Pushan Award)
- "Global Diversification and IPO Returns," with David C. Mauer, Song Wang and Yilei Zhang, 2015, Journal of Banking and Finance 58: 436-456.
- "Trade Credit, International Trade Costs and_ Exports: Cross-Country Firm-level Evidence," 2015, Applied Economics Letters 22 (12): 993-998.
- "Foreign Direct Investment: FinancialBenefits Could Surpass Gains in Technology," with Jian Wang and Janet Koech, Economic Letter, 10(9), October 2015, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- "Benefits of FDI Subsidies: The Role of Funding Reources," with Wontae Han and Jian Wang. First draft: 2020.
- "A Machine Learning Approach to Forecasting Carry Trade Returns," with Xiao Xie, Yihua Chen and Borui Zhao. First draft: 2020.
- "It's All in the Stars: The Chinese Zodiac and the Effects of Parental Investments on Offspring's Cognitive and Noncognitive Skill Development," with Chih Ming Tan and Xiaobo Zhang. This draft: 2020.
- "The Gravity of Intermediate Inputs in Productivity Spillovers: Evidence from Foreign Direct Investment in China" , with Yiqing Xie. This draft: 2018.
- "Financial Constraints and Exports." First draft: 2012; this draft: 2015.
- "Can Bilateral Trade Explain Business Cycle Correlations?" First draft: 2011.
Working in Progress
- "FDI and Firm Productivity: The Role of Financial Constraints" (With Wontae Han and Jian Wang)